Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Nothing is certain

I ended up playing 4mtts tonight, the aforementioned tournaments and the Early double. In EDB i got bounced early when i 4bet jacks, ran into AQ and couldnt win the race. In EDA i was grinding my shortstack for the entire tourny and eventually built myself a stack of chips. It wasnt meant to be. I lost a third of my stack 3betting AK and folding to the jam when i wiffed the flop. Then i lost the rest of my stack 3betting 88 and losign to KQ about 30 spots off the money (1200 runners)

Well, what i want to talk about right now is the fact that poker is a very interesting game. In a tournament where i started out with 14k good for 1st of 400 i thought that a cash was a near certainty. Im not really disappointed with my play, i think i navigated the tournament all right. My failing to cash just goes to show that nothing is certain. I have in the past thought that i would never be able to blow a big chiplead in an mtt and obviously i was wrong about that. It can be done.

One interesting thing that i have noticed is that all of my big scores (300+) have com when i entered the cash portion of the tourny in medium or bad shape. I have never approached the bubble of a big tourny with a really big stack as far as i remember.

The EDA is a perfect example of this, had my 8s held i probably would have cashed in about 140/200. That is what usually happens in my big scores, i weasel my way into the cash and then get something together and make a run.

Im not really sure if this is a coincidence or if its meaningful but it is interesting.
Well, ive updated this blog so many times today i doubt i will again. Forutnately i dont feel bad about poker today, im not disappointed, im not tilting i kinda want to play more. Im definately not in the mood to play an mtt right now though, thats for sure.

Maybe ill give some cash a shot.

BTW, make sure you catch some of the HORSE final table tonight, it should be fun

No comments:

Post a Comment