Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Unreal

I started playing a little bit of plo cash. Ive been sitting at the micro stakes tables for a couple days and have seen some modest success. I managed to win back all of my losses and then some for all of the other games ive been playing.

When i first told Jake that i was playing omaha he said "I anticipate a lot of suckouts in your future" I assume referring both to the amount of donkeys infesting these tables (which is much more than in nlhe cash imo and the fact that we get 4 cards preflop and there are no clear favorite hands preflop. Obviously AAxx is ahead of most hands but its lead will never be 70/30 or 80/20 like in nlhe.) Well I told jake that the key to my strategy, and i assume a solid strategy for plo in general, is to not get overly frisky preflop and wait until you can establish a solid stranglehold of the donkeys before you push your chips in. There should, in fact, be very few suckouts and even fewer coolers becuase we should not be playing hands that are not draws to or are the nuts themselves.

Well my first couple hundred hands were an experiment into Plo. I was getting used to the game. I found myself stacking off with AAxx on paired flops...flops that would be safe in nlhe but in omaha the villain probably does hae the random deuce that paired on the flop. I also played hands like QQxx and JJxx way to fast preflop. When i lost large amounts of chips, or even stacks, with these hands i did not get tilted. I did not curse my opponents. They were my fault. They were playmistakes. In these hands i was a donkey. But its ok, I payed 5 dollars to learn that I should not be stacking off with AAxx on a 229hh flop. A valuable lesson.

The problem comes when the bad beats actually do fall. Ive been working on controlling my tilting for as long as ive played online poker. I thought i finally beat it. For the past few weeks ive been just getting crushed in ridiculous spots and im able to brush it off. Its almost as if i expect to run ridiculously bad so that makes the act of actually running bad more bearable. Unfortunately today and last night were the boiling point.

Last night I played a superturbo with toots and my roomate. I know these things are all luck and i know that of all tournaments i should not complain about them but i was making a goddamn run. This hand was for a 1k stack good for like 30/300





I know its a race preflop but give me a fucking break. I flop a set vs one pair. What the fuck. He hits the miracle 8h on the turn and everyone knows whats coming.

I dick around for a little while and fight up to 400 chips:


Oh lets go all in for a 800 chip stack which will basically secure a cash and open the potential for a deep run. Oh look hes dominated down to 3 outs. Thats great. Who gives a fuck. But hey its not like i can win my 80/20s so why the fuck should i expect to win my 70/30s. Especially for my tounament life. Who the fuck am i kidding?

Well, that brings us to PLO today!

I felt so good about how it went last night(payed for that superturbo and then some) so why not open up a couple tables of 10plo as well as 2 5plo. Give the higher stakes a shot. That was a mistake.

Im not going to bore you with a ton of hands here but i need to share these. I dont have a proper omaha hand reader yet so im going to have to do these by hand. First this jem of a hand that happened yesterday:

Ferocious Kitty: AdQcKd6h
Villain: QhJdJsTc

Flop: Qd8c3d

Villain decides to get 100bbs in here w/ a grand total of 2 live ten, 1 jack, and 3 nines. 6 outs twice while i have a redraw if he hits any of them. I missed the memo but apparently thats more than enough outs.

This morning i had already taken a few pretty bad beats: 9 card wrap vs my set all in on the flop (im a 70/30 favorite) when this hand happened to tilt the shit out of me.

Full Tilt Poker Game #12983535560: Table Rex (6 max, deep) - $0.05/$0.10 - Pot Limit Omaha Hi - 10:10:47 ET - 2009/06/23
Seat 1: B-Shefer ($10.52)
Seat 2: Ferocious Kitty ($10.42)
Seat 3: ($32.61)
Seat 4:($10.20)
Seat 5: ($12.83)
Seat 6: Bruingras ($21.63)
Bruingras posts the small blind of $0.05
B-Shefer posts the big blind of $0.10
The button is in seat #5
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Ferocious Kitty [Qh As Ah 6d]
Ferocious Kitty raises to $0.35
raginb_m folds
AlexTrebekIsGod folds
Johanne87 folds
Bruingras raises to $1.15
B-Shefer calls $1.05
Ferocious Kitty raises to $4.60 I am more than ok getting it in here. I have AA, the preflop nuts, and I have a suited Q to go with it so i am not drawing dead vs other AA hands. Squeezing pot here commits me to the hand.
Bruingras folds
B-Shefer has 15 seconds left to act
B-Shefer: nice reraise morron
B-Shefer calls $3.45 i think hes preparing to stop and go me. Maybe its a leak but im not getting away here.
*** FLOP *** [6c Ks 2h]
B-Shefer bets $5.92, and is all in
Ferocious Kitty calls $5.82, and is all in I guess this could be a fold...but i thought he was stop and going and I do have the backdoor flush draw, and if he has 2pair im drawing live....its unlikely he has set of 6s becuase i would have the case 6. Is he really chasing me down w/ a pair of 2s? AA22 what hand calls the 3bet. I also think if he has KKxx he either puts me on aces and should fold preflop or he jams. I dont think flatting the 3bet pre is right there. Its so big. This board is very dry....so i think his range is somewhat polarized to sets and bluffs. I really wouldnt put it past him to bluff here (complete the sotp and go) i had been very tight in the 10plo table.
B-Shefer shows [9h 6h 6s 8s] I guess i shouldt have ruled out a set of 6s. Yay for the 1 fucking outers (not really but pretty close)
Ferocious Kitty shows [Qh As Ah 6d]
Uncalled bet of $0.10 returned to B-Shefer
*** TURN *** [6c Ks 2h] [7c]
*** RIVER *** [6c Ks 2h 7c] [4c]
B-Shefer shows three of a kind, Sixes
Ferocious Kitty shows a pair of Aces
B-Shefer wins the pot ($20.53) with three of a kind, Sixes

I guess i was moronic for betting so large pre but isnt the idea to get rtarded hands like that to put money in the pot? who the fuck thinks 9668ds is good?

This hand came a little bit later after i was already tilting. And knowing that i was tilting.
Full Tilt Poker Game #12983541311: Table Calabria (6 max) - $0.05/$0.10 - $4 Cap Pot Limit Omaha Hi - 10:11:21 ET - 2009/06/23
Seat 2: tilt-johan ($23.35)
Seat 3: Ferocious Kitty ($2.54)I was not outplayed to fall to 2.5. Ill tell you that much
Seat 4: Let Us GoGoGo ($199.45)
Seat 5: samm52 ($10.22)
Seat 6: JJosie ($8)
Let Us GoGoGo posts the small blind of $0.05
samm52 posts the big blind of $0.10
The button is in seat #3
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Ferocious Kitty [7d 7s 8c Ac]
tilt-johan raises to $0.35
Ferocious Kitty has 15 seconds left to act
Ferocious Kitty calls $0.35
Let Us GoGoGo folds
samm52 calls $0.25
*** FLOP *** [8s 5c 3c] Tptk, set draw, nfd
samm52 checks
tilt-johan bets $0.55
Ferocious Kitty raises to $2.19, and is all in "Fuck this shit lets get all in"
Decano_adr sits down
samm52 calls $2.19
tilt-johan folds
Ferocious Kitty shows [7d 7s 8c Ac]
Decano_adr stands up
samm52 shows [9c Th 5h 7h] did not expect to be ahead here. What does he have, middle pair no draw? What the fuck?
*** TURN *** [8s 5c 3c] [6h] ohhhhh he had a gutshot, well in that case fuck it he has to call.
*** RIVER *** [8s 5c 3c 6h] [6s]
Ferocious Kitty shows two pair, Eights and Sixes
samm52 shows a straight, Nine high
samm52 wins the pot ($5.63) with a straight, Nine high
Ferocious Kitty is sitting out

Last time toots was at my house and we were playing cards he commented that he could not believe that i ran as bad as i did. I mentioned on this blog that it felt great to here him say that because it meant that i was not imagining what was going on. I actually do run really fucking bad. Well now i dont give a fuck if people see it or not anymore. i dont need people to believe me. You can think im lying. I know that i do run fucking atrocious. If i had holdemmanager, or omaha manager i bet my red line and blue line would be at opposite 45 degree angles.

The thing that i cant believe about thisis that getting sucked out on to come in 5th in my mtt the other day...(KJ hand) cost me a minimum of 40 dollars, and likely cost me over 100 bucks. All of the goddamn suckouts ive taken to finish 12th or 7th late in a mtt have cost me huge stacks and potential top 3 payouts in mtts. These suckouts cost me a total of like 30 bucks. My roll is still at 366. It was at 391 earlier today. Do the math, its not that bad. But for some reason this is it. This was the boiling point.

Im sorry for the rant, but really im not. writing this post ha done an excellent job of calming me down and allowing me to refocus on poker. Im probably not going to play any more at work today, unless i get the itch but i think that i am going to be able to handle the variance when i do play again. I just really hope i can start accumulating wins.


thanks for listening to me be emo for a morning and good luck at the tables

No comments:

Post a Comment