Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Quick update

Boy am i glad i played these.

So far im regged for 5 $5 tournies. Two of them have fired, a doublestack and a turbo. The doublestack started with ~580 ppl and i am currently 2/480 at the first break due primarily to 3 hands.

I played the first level pretty solid, getting value out of my good hands but being tight overall. Then i made a pretty good (imo) call.


After getting to 4k this hand happened. On the flop i was saying "Please check around and turn the 8d please. Then with the action on the turn i was kind of nervous. I flatted the original better because i was honestly worried about the possibility of a better straight/boat. The big squeeze kind of felt weak to me, i didnt think a boat would do that. I have a ton of equity vs a hand like 75 or a better straight so i jam.


Then this hand happened like seconds later. I think it was actually the next hand.
I could have simply flatted pre and evaluated on the flop but this guy as a 40/6 over like 25 hands (not a big sample) but i felt comfortable enough that he could have an ace rag hand which i wouldnt mind folding here. He obv could have AA/KK/AK but i dont want to have to fold to any overcard. and AAKK are getting it in on the flop regardless.


God does it feel good to resuck every once in a while. (2 outers are so standard)

Well anyways, breaks over and im at 2k in the turbo and now 4/400 in the doublestack. Theres a TON of poker to be played but i really hope i can parlay this stack into a ncie run.

Im going to be trying to play pretty agressive, opening pretty light, 3betting light in good spots, but i am going to try to avoid putting large portions of my stack at risk.

Wish me luck yall!

No comments:

Post a Comment