Friday, June 19, 2009

Getting Somewhere

So finally, after a week of deep runs and frustrating cashes I managed to final table a 2 dollar cubed. I busted in 5th which was very unfortunate and disappointing but it did provide a very nice boost to my bankroll.

116 is very nice but i freakin wish i could have snagged that 430 for first. Now I was getting all prepared to do a nice little recap today. Toots even showed my how to use the hand replayer so i was going to go crazy and do that. But when i went to import my hands this morning it obv decided to be difficult and not let me. So i guess we'll have to go at this the old fashioned way. Sorry :(

I did not realize that this was a 2c until very close to the add on break. I was under the impression that it was a 2r. Had i known that this was not an unlimited rebuy tournament i probably would not have played this hand the same way pre flop. I may have though. Luckily, ignorance is bliss and it worked out.

Full Tilt Poker Game #12895981123: $2 + $0.25 Rebuy (1r+1a) (95691757), Table 3 - 20/40 - No Limit Hold'em - 21:49:13 ET - 2009/06/18
Seat 1: Ferocious Kitty (2,904)
Seat 2: lady_luck04 (2,040)
Seat 3: Iceman_1215 (1,220)
Seat 4: Nidas1 (1,500), is sitting out
Seat 5: HoldingBullets7 (420)
Seat 6: Krazy Gringo (1,520)
Seat 7: dragao_31 (3,170)
Seat 8: tom121079 (3,975)
Seat 9: IV GOT DA NUTS (6,096)
lady_luck04 posts the small blind of 20
Iceman_1215 posts the big blind of 40
The button is in seat #1
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Ferocious Kitty [7h 7d]
HoldingBullets7 folds
Krazy Gringo folds
dragao_31 raises to 120
tom121079 folds
IV GOT DA NUTS folds
Ferocious Kitty raises to 375
lady_luck04 has 15 seconds left to act
lady_luck04 folds
Iceman_1215 folds
dragao_31 raises to 3,170, and is all in
Ferocious Kitty calls 2,529, and is all in
dragao_31 shows [Kc Ah]
Ferocious Kitty shows [7h 7d]
Uncalled bet of 266 returned to dragao_31
*** FLOP *** [5s Jh Qc]
*** TURN *** [5s Jh Qc] [2s]
*** RIVER *** [5s Jh Qc 2s] [5c]
dragao_31 shows a pair of Fives
Ferocious Kitty shows two pair, Sevens and Fives
Ferocious Kitty wins the pot (5,868) with two pair, Sevens and Fives
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 5,868 | Rake 0
Board: [5s Jh Qc 2s 5c]
Seat 1: Ferocious Kitty (button) showed [7h 7d] and won (5,868) with two pair, Sevens and Fives

Right before this hand i got someone all in for 200 chips and lost a race with him. then seconds later I win a race for 6k. That just shows how important timing is in these tournaments. If i had won the first race and lost the second i am out of the tournamanet.

For the rest of the rebuy period i hovered between 9k and 5k never really dropping below 4.5k. I added on when my stack was around 6.5k so entering the second hour of play i had almost 9k to work with.

OK i just figured out that if i import one hand at a time i can get the replayer to work! Huzzah!


That hand is what catapulted me to a nice size stack. I run good to catch the ten on the flop and even better to catch the 3 on the turn. Feels great to be on this side of a cooler for once.

No more really interesting hands happened for a while. I did a good job of stealing chips and playing tight/i was sort of carddead so i wasnt really tempted to play a ton of pots. Unfortunately due to the card deadness and increasing blind sizes my stack began to dwindle.

The next hand i want to show you is from the 300/600 blind level. At this point i really needed to accumulate chips. This situation looked like a great time to 3bet bluff. The villains statts and position led me to believe that he didnt need a strong hand and he very well might fold to my jam. Unfortunately he did now but i did manage to snag one of my 6 outs on the river. YAY suckoutaments!

After hovering in the low 20ks for a little while i turned a really strong hand and managed to get a villain to commit his stack with no pair/no draw.

That hand and the 4ok stack that came with it really gave me the chance to go deep into the money. As the field was narrowed from the 45 who cashed to 20 and below i was playing relatively tight. I really wanted to avoid another 10-15 dollar frustrating cash after running deep in a tournament. This actually got to the point where i was letting myself get to short for my own good. Luckily the blinds were getting so large that if i could just steal one or two pots per orbit i could keep myself afloat. I was fortunate in two ways durring this stage of the tournament. The player on my right was extremely passive and would love to limp the small blind and fold on the flop. Between his pretending to be an ATM and other steals I Kept myself in the game until i was able to cooler someone for a nice stack which gave me the lift i needed to reach the final table.

Eventually as my stack hovered around 70k the blinds continued to rise and i had less than 12bbs, I needed to steal as often as possible to stay afloat. Then on one of my steals I had a classic "oops" moment:

this hand put me up to 140k which was about 13 bbs at the time. a couple hands later i woke up with the fishhooks and put my stack in the middle to try and make something happen.
Unfortunately Blogger does not like these large full tilt pictures. In this hand the Villain called my preflop shove with KJo. The river was no help.
This was for a 250k stack which would have left dali anne at 10k. Had i won this hand i would still be in last place out of 4 (assuming dali anna couldnt miracle his last bb) but with the low ms and fast moving chips i would have been in position to go even deeper in this tournament. Obviously getting 3 outed in the final 5 people of an mtt sucks but i rally cant complain. I ran great in this tournament. I had a ton of moments where I just didnt get sucked out on which was awesome. My AJs were holding vs K10. I hit my fair share of sets...and lets not forget that i just cracked aces with 75 to be put in this position. Nope. I cant complain about how this tournament ended, but it would have been soooo much moe fun to get heads up and pwn.

Before i sign off id like to thank Joppy and Tootsy for the rail. Having buddies watching makes poker that much more fun, not to mention that the sounding board for hands which they provide makes it easier to not fuck up late in a tourny.

I told you a big score was coming, well, i still feel great and i can not wait until i get to actually win one of these ole mtts again. Soon. Very soon.

Good luck at the tables.

No comments:

Post a Comment