Thursday, July 2, 2009

Cash can still be juicy

So im kinda of pissed at mtts right now. Decided to mess around with LHE yesterday, didnt really work out so i went back to a game i had been playing a little while back, 10nl deep.

Mind you, im at work and my boss just came down and interrupted my seshion so i had to quit after 30 hands but ill be back on and off today. Theres just one hand i want to share. I spose it looks like a standard cooler but to me, any sign of money entering my account instead of leaving it right now is beautiful.

One other thing....At eff stacks of 170bbs i really dont know how standard this hand actually is. Im thinking i might have played it kinda poorly by jamming the turn. The only history i had w/ villain is that he pot bet flop adn turn w/ top pair and was pretty passive w/o a good hand. Now, KK obv is better than top pair here but he was playing so aggressive i def thought he could have had a set. On second thought, although he could have a set due to the cold call preflop i doubt a set would want to c/r->lead when im clearly showing interest. That seems like a line designed to get me to fold.

Now, i dont know if im ever getting away from kings here, i might just be over analyzing this hand but...170bbs deep its scary to play one pair for stacks. Especially when villain is showing so much agression. If anyone has any thoughts about this hand please share them in the comments. Id really appreciate it.


30 hands at 585 bb/100. Hehe, ridiculously inflated but ill take it!

2 comments:

  1. It was played extremely trickily on midas's part. He's obviously a pretty tight player given he didn't 3bet pre and hit a pretty sexy flop. I think he was thinking u had maybe a pair on the flop or u were just conting since u were on the button and if he was a solid player, probably knows u bet light. I think you're thinking it's scary because you have KK, but he's playing it like you're stealing i think. I definitely like your thought process but remember what your own table image is because I would be that aggro just from the sole purpose that your on the button.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been thinking about this hand for a while and have determined there is one deciding factor that is above all others: the stakes. At any higher stakes, I think this may be a fold on the turn. At 10NL, the players vastly overvalue hands like TP or overpairs. Because of this, I think your line is appropriate. I dont like 3betting the flop since youre folding out a bunch of bluffs/semibluffs. When he leads for pot on the turn, he clearly has a hand but at 10NL I think the chances he has a set is counterbalanced by the likelihood that he has A10, an overpair or a worse 10. I definitely think I am influenced by the fact I know the results, but just my 2 cents

    ReplyDelete