Thursday, July 30, 2009

Improvement

This is going to be a short post because im wicked tired. First off id like to say that i love love love love love the new full tilt update and also love the bonus. very very well done full tilt. The filters are better than pokerstars.

Now to the juicy part. I got home from an open mic party a lil while ago and decided to play some cards which may or may not have been a good idea as i was pretty tired and have to get up early. 4 tabling 25nl i was holding about even and then got stuck like 12 dollars. I didnt want to quit down money so i continued to grind and eventually worked it up to a 4 dollar profit on the session! This brings the roll to a whopping 456 which is higher than it was this time last week. (Last friday after rakeback it was 440 and then i lost 40 in a day)

Yadda yadda yadda there is one hand i would like to talk about.


Note my line on this hand. Ignore the smalllllll utg raise pre, that was basically a misclick. I bet for value on the flop and turn, basically assuming villain has a draw and then check behind on the river. Now, i know that i probably could jhave bet more on the flop/turn and would have had the same result but thats not what im trying to get at. This hand made me really proud because of my action on the river. I think its pretty obvious by the river that villain either has some missed draw or some sick monster looking to check raise. Sometimes he will have a hand looking to check/call w/ showdown value but i dont see very many of these hands that i beat. AJ A9 are possibilities, but these are both hands that i chop with.

The point im trying to get at is that i think a month or two ago if i played this hand i would fire the river. There is no reason to fire the river. If i bet and he raises im in a really gross spot. He is either pulling a bluff or has me killed. If i bet and run into AJ or some shit i cost myself a bet. And really, on this river i chop w/ any ace and scoop to certain hands. I see very little value in betting. but never the less i think a couple months ago i would have bet and i would have either made a crying call or folded and lost the bet. Here, i check realizing that my hand has showdown value, and eliminating the ability for villain to bluff raise me and push me off a hand.

Sorry if this was incoherrent or rambling, again im mad tired and didnt really edit this.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see that you recognize that. Your considerations are great, though You have more of the extracting value gene than I do because I will check quickly behind on the river, unconsciously thinking about being beat or not. I can also see him having any middle pair like KQ QJ if his vpip is a little above norm tagg

    ReplyDelete