Monday, July 13, 2009

Prop Bettage

Tonight is the Home Run Derby

What better way to watch grown men hitting balls really far than getting high and betting on it?
I have two series of bets going for tonight's derby and drafted a team of sluggers for each one.

My friend David and I are betting on 2 categories:

Winner of Derby
Most HRs hit in one round by one player

If we draft the player who wins a category we get smoked out by the loser. One bowl/category.

My team for both bets:
Albert Pujols
Prince Fielder
Adrian Gonzalez
Nelson Cruz

David/Joe's Team:
Ryan Howard
Carlos Pena
Joe Maur
Brandon Inge

My roommate Joe and I are doing the same thing but for 5 categories @ 5 bucks a pop.

The categories are:

Winner of Derby
Most HRs hit in one round by one player
Longest HR
Least HR hit in first round by one player
Most combined HR by all players on team in all rounds

I have the same team in both bets which i like, I get to pull for the same ppl but the drafting process went somewhat differently. In both drafts i led with Pujols and got Fielder 4th overall. David and Joe led with howard/Pena and then differned on their 3rd pick (5th overall). David opted with Maur while Joe took Inge to try and lock up the least HR in first round category. I took Gonzalez and was left with Cruz for my last pick.

I have no idea what kind of shape im in for these bets but it should make the derby a lil more interesting


No comments:

Post a Comment