Wednesday, July 8, 2009

My luck follows me

Today i walked into my kitchen and my roomate was cooking some dinner. he was multitasking with a full tilt tourny and was obviously not giving full attention to either task. He asked me if i wanted to play the tourny and if i won anything hed give me 3/4. I said sure and took the computer to see that we were about 140/160 platers in a 6max 5 dollar rebuy tournament that payed the top 102. Joe mentioned that he had not re-bought or added on all toruny and was in for only 5 bucks.

After 2 blind steals, a timely squeeze play, and a double up with AJ I had a 30k stack good for 70/140ish. I managed to continue building my stack as we approached the bubble. I wasnt able to get too out of line however. becuase the palyer to my right was an extremely aggressive villain who actually went from 60k to 180k in about 25min. This villain contained me to a slightly below average stack through a barrage of 3bets and cbets.
HE
I persevered and won a key 3bet pot preflop and another quick doubleup to be like 40/80 when it happened. I had a shortstack covered when he 3bet me all in with A6ss. I had AKo. he rivered the 3 outer. If i win that pot im top 15-20. But alas my inability to win clutch hands as a 94%+ favorite follows me across full tilt accounts. I ended up grinding my 10bb stack until i limped the BB (only sb completed) with T3 flopped top pair on a T85 flop and shoved over the sbs cbet who unfortunately had 85. All in All i busted in 60th for a solid 32 bucks of which i recieved 24. Put me back above 400!

No comments:

Post a Comment