Tuesday, July 14, 2009

recap

I had a big post written but it got deleted so heres a watered down version:

Today I played 1,125 hands of 25nl achieving a winrate of 16bb/100. This rate would have been much higher had i stopped about 150 hands prior to where i did stop. My second session of the day started off extremely well as i cruised to a bankroll of 480. I eventually decided that i did not want to stop until i crossed the 500 dollar milestone in my roll. This proved detrimental and although i was able to get as high as 493 i eventually fell all the way to 464. it is important to note that this is still ~30 dollars (more than a buy in) more than i had at the beginning of the session.

Over 1,125 hands i played 16/11/2.6 (vpip/pfr/3bet). As i get more comfortable with this limit and i get some more hands under my belt i anticipate my pfr and vpip both getting closer together and rising close to 18-20. I also expect that my 3bet will rise to about 3.5-4.5. the reason for my high vpip is not limping, it is because i have been flatting pocket-pairs, which is probably a mistake 100bbs deep, and flatting hands like AK vs opponents who i perceive have a hand like A3-AT and will fold to a 3bet but put a large amount of their stack in should an ace flop.

The reason i was able to obtain such a high winrate today was due to how well i was running. i was not sucking out on people, i never sucked out once our cards were flipped up, but more importantly i was avoiding coolers and i was not getting sucked out on myself. Had i not played the final 150 or so hands of my session my rate would have actually been much higher. That portion of the day is when my coolers started to happen. I did a good job of losing the minimum or close too it in most cases and refraining from tilting. For example:


Anyways, As i keep playing hands i get more and more comfortable with this limit. I feel like i can play 25nl profitably and will probably stay here for the time being. (New Steaks!) At 450+ in my roll i still only have 18buy ins which is pretty under rolled but as long as i am able to keep up what i did today i should be ok. I am going to continue to not play recklessly and try to focus on my tables and become a better player and as long as i keep running well i should be ok.

At 25nl my roll will grow much faster than it ever could at 10nl and hopefully it will be properly rolled soon enough. if i do infact hit a rough patch and run bad or play poorly i will still drop back down to 10nl and grind it back up.

Thats all i really remember from what i wanted to say. I am going to go relax, but i might be back on later to play and blog more.

Gogo phil Ivey in main event!


No comments:

Post a Comment