Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Roller Coaster


See that?
Thats what 4tabling 10nl deep looks like. Know what else? Thats what erasing a 20bb/200bb suckout looks like and then some.

I cant believe this. Its not even like i ran great. I sucked out zero times as far as i could tell. Just solid hands and winning pots without showdowns and picking up good hands at good times, which i guess is the key to poker and part of the luck aspect as well. There were a couple really nice spots. I got one guy to put in 70bbs with AcKd on a 753 ccc flop. I had top set and it held.

Another hand was me putting in 2 streets of strong betting with AJ no clubs on a x8JAx board where turn river completed the flush draw. Villain had been calling me down with q8 no clubs.

I was reading an old trip report by Foucalt, from the WSOP main event....and he talks about how if one card falls differntly, He doesnt win a particular race, then he doesnt win 190k. He ended up busting ot in ~40th on day 6. he mentions how eerie it feels to know that one card could change your fortunes.

Well, Foucalt was talking about life changing money, he was playing for 9million and im really only talking about cheeseburgers but still its kind of creepy just how swingy poker can be. if that 9 doesnt fall in 25nl i could be on my way to an epic day. If one of my hands at 10nl goes the other way im still stuck. Im starting to ramble but i hope you understand what im saying.

Back to poker:
Why did i leave 10nl? Damn. If i can win close to 370bbs in 200 hands 4tabling, then this is clearly a pretty profitable game to play. I was expecting to have to grind for a while to make up this mornings disaster and i really only had to play for less than an hour to get to where i was last night.

On to the Full Tilt Software update.

The pros:

I like the new look of the cards when your tables are small (4tabling or more). they look like the card mods i used to use, sort of. I might switch back to my mods but i def like this look better than the old full tilt look.

The idk:
Im not sure if the software is any more reliable or faster but they say it is so i guess ill take their word for it. One thing that i really hope doesnt happen is bugs tho. People were saying that we should play Full Tilt Beta a week ago and now this si a brand new system, i guess. All i know is that when i used to play MTG online and a new system would come out it would be buggy for a while until they caught all of them. Also the Beta was designed as a bug catcher, people would play and report bugs before the general release. That was all well and good for a game where no money was on the line but in poker...I really dont want some glitch in the system to cause me to lose a bunch of money.

The Bad:
The new hand replayer looks pretty cool. Def reminds me of Stars. Problem is it doesnt work. I couldnt get a single replay out of it and had to go digging around in my hand history text files which sucks while 4tabling. I also had a hand that went checkcheck on the river (i was in position) and i showed AJ and he mucked. I just realizd that that might be becuase i acted first on the turn (not sure if that actually happened tho) and i couldnt see his cards.

Also, in the past it was real easy to just click on a table, enter a bet amount and hit enter. That was the quickest way to bet, for me at least. Clicking on the table would highlight the bet amount, entering ".35" would take 3 keystokes and then enter is a 4th and were done. now, the bet amounts seem to be always highlighted and clicking on a table does not necessarily select its bet meter.

BEWARE cbet

I have twice now misclicked where i meant to table 4 and ended up opening table 3 to 2 bucks. Not fun. make sure you actually bet on the correct table I also had close calls in 2 cases where i realized what happened and was able to fix it.

Back to grinding, perhaps, idk getting back to even feels so great right now i might just take a break

Good luck all

1 comment: