Tuesday, August 4, 2009

I can fucking smell it

For the past 2 days my hud hasnt been working and i have felt like im playing naked. Kind of sucks. meh. Anyways, I get to work today and start to grind. I play a session and end at 560(after second bonus installment) I won back about half of last nights grossness.

I take a break, grab some lunch, and decide to play another session. i fire up some tables, grind away, win a nice 200bb+ bvb pot. Sb raises to 3bb i pop it to 9bb w/ AK in the bb and he jams 24 more dollars in. I sigh and man up and call and managed to dodge his 3 outs. he had AQ. That hand and another couple pots puts me at over 590 and i can taste 600. i want to hit this benchmark. Then Disaster strikes.


Maybe i can get away by the river....idk. This hand puts me at under 565. A suckout or 2 later im at under 555. Ugh. I think about quitting and decide to just get up, walk around and take a deep breath. I sit back down and keep going. Eventually by the end of the sesh i had my roll up to 585. A solid 25 bucks from when i started the afternoon sesh and under 1 buy in away from 600. There werent too many interesting hands from this seshion, really it was just cbets, getting value from JJ+/AK, and getting sucked out on.

There is one hand i would like to mention, unfortunately its a hand that i misplayed really poorly and cost myself probably about $7:


I really like how i played this hand up to the river. As soon as i hit check on the river i cursed myself. I think that by check calling the whole way i did a somewhat decent job of representing a flush draw. Especially to a lesser player, check call check call probably means FD. Given that i have a flush draw, there is absolutely ZERO reason that villain will fire the river. But, assuming he is competant he should be able to sniff out a bluff from a missed draw w/ a marginal hand, like 88 for example. The main benefit for playing the hand the way i did was to be able to get a large but very well disguised value bet in on the river and i missed that opportunity. If i dont plan on vbetting the river than i need to be betting the whole way. Otherwise i think check calling loses alot of its appeal. Obviously, i check the flop hoping he will cbet and as it turns out his hand probably couldnt have withstood 2 bets but im pretty sure i need to fire that river.

Thats what 5 tabling and kinda annoyed will do to ya. live and learn. hopefully i cross the 6hundo benchmark tonight at some point. Good luck everyone.

4 comments:

  1. stop focusing on $600. it's arbitrary and only serves as a distraction. do you push more because you are soooo close to $600? perhaps.

    sure, we keep "score" by how many chips we win, but we also know that making good decisions (regardless of outcome) is what's going to keep those chips sliding your way :-)

    GL at the tables!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BWoP

    I know you're right and i can even see myself not playing my best when i try to reach a benchmark but its so damn hard to not focus on them. Its definitely one of the things i need to work on.

    GL to you too!

    ReplyDelete