Tuesday, December 1, 2009

If it wasnt for this prop bet...

Id be done with poker for a long time.

I decided to 4 table the deep ante tables today. I wanted to try and put a dent in my losses from this prop bet. The poker gods did not agree.

In 800 hands i lost 60 bucks.

I am now stuck 150 since the start of this bet. My roll is at 310. The lowest its been in a while. I havent booked a win in at least 4 sessions. At least I finally won a 150bb hand.

The night started off reasonably well. I was running very well and flopped a couple of straights. Unfortunately i didnt get paid on any of them. After a while I called a raise in position with 75cc and flopped trips on a 559 rainbow board. I flatted the flop and turn setting up for a nice river jam given the stacks. After the flop i put him on a overpair. Only problem is the turn and river were both spades. I blockerbet/bluffed the river and he woke up with jack of spades.


A Little after that this hand occurs:


After this hand im starting to laugh. This is how its been for the last 2k hands at this point. They call with no pair no draw. Whatever.

Finally i get some luck to bring me back to even on the session:
(Yes, its very lucky to hold a hand when I get the money in good. I cant win pots bigger than 150bbs remember?)


There are countless hands that i could put up here but I dont want to waste the space. I will however bore you with three that just exemplify not only tonight but my past few weeks.

First the cooler:

Part 2:

This is the worst and its happened 3 or 4 times recently....River the "ideal" card:


To be honest this is a bad example becuase i misplayed the hand. I thought the guy was strong on the flop...maybe overpair maybe top pair but i called anyways. On the river I thought for sure I was good. Problem was I didnt realize that I dont even beat aces. And QQ probly isnt calling me, so i think i should have just flatted. Still wicked gross though.

And finally, the ridiculous. This was the proverbial straw that broke the camals back:


Overall tonight I got aces 4 times. I stole the blinds each time. KK happened once and I won 1 dollar. QQ appeared 4 times losing me 7 dollars. I got AK 8 times, 4 times I stole the blinds, and ended up losing about 8 bucks. AQ was a winner for me. Brutal fucking night.

Overall I have just under 3k hands to win 160 dollars. Is this doable? Sure. If it wasnt for a time commitment I can guarantee I would not be playing though. I usually take a lot of time when im in slumps and try to wait them out. Unfortunately I have 3 weeks to play these last 3k hands.

Ugh. Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

In other news Morocco was amazing. Monkeys, goats, and snakes oh my! It deserves a full blog post but im not going to try and do it now.

Go to Amsterdam for Rd 2 on Thursday. Try to play some cards when I get back. Maybe my luck will change.

No comments:

Post a Comment