Monday, December 14, 2009

An epic seven hands

As Im sure you all know, the more you play the more variance catches up with you and the more bizarre and crazy things you see. Sometimes, that variance is phenomenally helpful. This sng started innocently enough. I got to the final 3 in good chip position. I had ~5k vs ~5k vs ~3k. Heads up this hand occured:
Now, this hand deserves some explanation. First the line we took.
Preflop: Villain minraises, I call
Flop: I check villain bets 2.4k into 3.2k I jam for about 3k more villain tanks and eventually calls

Heads up i had been abusing this guy. Some hands ago I limp 3bet him from the button and scared the shit out of him. Ever since then he was respecting my limps and folding to minbets on the flop. Basically he was giving me a ton of respect. I decide to come along here thinking i can take this pot away easily on the flop. When the flop falls i actually make the decision to c/r this guy. He had been playing so scared I thought i could definitely rep the ace, and if he does call the jam i have a gutter and potentially one overcard, unless of course he has an ace....but i dont really think thats the case. Well...he ends up tanking forever and i think im going to take it down but then he makes a great call and im left with one small blind....

The next six hands shown were the next six hands dealt.

All in blind:
All in blind (for me) again:
All in pre (essentially blind):
He folds:

All in and he folds:
He limp/calls my jam pre and i fade 1.2million outs:
I folded once, then he folded then this (All in pre):

Talk about snatching victory out of the jaws of defeat.


No comments:

Post a Comment