Saturday, November 21, 2009

Overdue

I promised a nice blog post and its finally here. Sorry for the delay.

First of all, London's been super busy. I went to Les Miserables with my roommate the other day. We showed up an hour before show time and got student discount seats for like 25 bucks. We sat dead center of the theatre 8 rows back: the best seats ive ever had for anything. The show was absolutely phenomenal on top of that. A brilliant production with some great music in an intimate setting. The big songs, I dreamed a dream, do you hear the people sing, etc were flat out unbelievable. The whole cast coming out through smoke onto the front of the stage.....wow.

Now that im done with 2/3 of my classes I basically work 3 or 4 full days a week. Work is really picking up speed and im doing some cool long term projects as well as basic constituent stuff. Right now, im researching the growth and density of Tesco, a UK supermarket chain that actually controls 35% of the marketshare. Basically they are going into small towns all over the UK and underselling and eliminating corner stores and family run shops. Obviously, this is bad, and so right now im trying to do some research and eventually draft some laws to get it to stop.

As far as traveling goes, I just got back from Scotland a couple nights ago. We spent 3 days in Edinburgh and a day in the Highlands. It was a really fun trip. We spent a lot of time at Edinburgh Castle, bought a bottle of Scotch, and even climbed a mountain! Ill put some pics online one of these days....Im even more behind on uploading pictures than I am on blogging lol.

Tomorrow, Im cooking part of a potluck Thanksgiving Dinner for a lot of my flatmates. Unfortunately, turkeys are not very popular out here. The supermarkets start to sell birds next week, for thanksgiving for the Americans and for Christmas for everyone else. I, however, am going to be in Morocco over the actual Thanksgiving so we're going to celebrate tomorrow. Im going to roast some chickens for my share.

I havent really been playing too much poker recently. I havent played live in quite a while but I did have a pretty big online session the other day and I think i might have another this afternoon. The last one didnt go to well. All in all im stuck about 20 bucks....2 buy ins after just over 2100 hands. Toots finished his 7k hand commitment and ended up with a buck fifty in profit. Im pretty confident I can catch him in the next 5k hands. I know i can and should be a winner at this stake. Its just tough and the bet definitely a sure thing.

one last thing, thanks to BWOP for the add to her blogroll!

Have a happy thanksgiving everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment