Thursday, March 4, 2010

running like "god"

Cliffs: Earlier this week full tilt gave me a 100$ bonus to clear. That plus procrastination and noticing that they have 5nl rush led me to playing a decent amount this past week. I brought ye old roll from a low of ~70 to a high of roughly 115 before i landed at 105. Then i started a 900 hand session tonight.

In that 961 hands I got:

AA 8 times
KK 7 times
QQ 7 times
JJ 4 times
AK 8 times
AQ 7 times

It felt like I was getting these hands all the time because i was. I was running the best i have in a long time in terms of simply getting starting hands. Unfortunately my totals won didnt really help the situation. Heres what I won with each hand:

AA +89 bbs
KK -200 bbs
QQ +3 bbs
JJ -80 bbs
AK +23.4 bbs
AQ +20 bbs

Adding these numbers together shows that I lost roughly 143 bbs or $7 with my best hands over this session. I will say that I think i played well this session. I will post a graph and I was trying to work on my "green line" non-showdown winnings. I did a good job of that. I wasnt putting in tons of money and folding and my bluffs were working well. Really the only reason that I lost in the end was a simple section of hands back to back to back. First I ranKK into AA AIP for a large(above 200bbs) pot and then QQ into AA AIP and then very soonafter KK into AA AIp all for large pots all back to back. It was brutal. Dbtoots89 has recently posted about a similar session in which he felt that he ran well but barely won any money. Unfortunately I wasnt able to post a result even that good.

Meh. It felt good to be back at the tables. It felt really good to be picking off bluffs, and stealing some pots. Im going down to florida this week (break) to chill with Dbtoots89 and Jeff , our friend, and it is going to be fantastic. A great week of poker/excitement/debauchery. Im glad that i have a trippple didget online roll again and Im very very pumped to go play some cards and chill with these folks.

Ill leave you all with a graph

Have a good weekend!



    3 comments:

    1. Not so sure about $5nl at rush, but I think you're making a huge mistake getting QQ AIPF. With little to no reads (unless this is a reg who you have stats on), a 4bet almost certainly means AA, less so KK. In fact (and it may be exploitable, but so be it), I am folding 20-40% of my KK hands to a 4 bet and / or shove. When you think about it, what hands are really 4 betting / shoving against my 3 bet? I have repped pretty strong at that point. V is saying that he has stronger than strong.

      Also, running KK AIPF vs. AA for deep stacks (200BBs) is a leak. You need to see a flop before putting 200BBs on the table unless you have AA.

      This is my approach at 50nl - not sure how it goes at 5nl; I remember back to 10nl & monkeys were pushing every pocket pair and going crazy with any random hands...

      ReplyDelete
    2. Good points and something to think about.
      The 200bbs with KK was over 7 hands....it definitely wasnt all at once.
      I see your point about getting it in with QQ, however at this stake ive seen so many people be 4betting AJ AQ AQ and random Pocketpairs including obv KK and AA that i dont think its too light a stack off although it sure is something ill make sure to keep an eye on from here out.

      ReplyDelete
    3. Yeah; I don't know how I made it through $10NL... I was "hugely" profitable at that stake @ ~7PTBB/100 @ ~21K hands which propelled me to $25NL, where players started to normalize. Although $2, $5, and $10NL can be hugely profitable, the variance swings are HUGE because of such a wide variety of LAG / Loose Passive players that are playing everything from 32s/72s on up and have no problem getting it all in PF because "it's only $XX!" - play money. Building a bankroll at that level has to be extremely hard; probably harder than the higher levels for a serious player (which I think you are).

      ReplyDelete